Monday, September 27, 2010

Period 2 - Lasers Experiment

Today we had a major prediction with the lasers;
  • clap flour in the air and shine the laser through it, and see if we can see the beam of the light.

Papi had a good idea, that water slowed the laser down which is true.

Next we turned the lights out and started to clap erasers with the flour all over them. Sasha and I went to the back of the room and started our experiment, then looked in front of me and then I realized that I could see the beam without any flour in the air. After we clapped the flour in the air, I tried to clap the rest out, we saw the beam at the strongest. Sasha and I wrote our observations from the experiment. All in all, some people could see the beam right in front of them, without the flour. Others needed the flour to see. I was not one of the people who needed the flour to see the laser beam.

The most confusing thing about this was probably figuring the experiment out. It wasnt the most challenging experiment, but trying to figure out how to see the beam was hard. Even though we used flour, we could have used a lot of different things.

Jenna G

No comments:

Post a Comment